Tuesday 26 February 2008

Sunday entertainment - follow my progress online

For those of you who dont know what to do on Sunday I have here the perfect solution for you. Log on to the Vasaloppet website (http://www.vasaloppet.com), click in the top-right corner for an English version if you dont feel that the Viking language is for you.

On the website you will be able to follow all people in the race. My race number is 10244 for anyone interested to monitor my progress in the race. The race starts at 8am CET (ie 7am for you in the UK), but dont worry, I aim to finish the race in around 8h30min, so there will be plenty of time for you to check the race, even if you are not up at 7 *smile*.

Any text messages during the race will be much appreciated. Hearing the mobile phone receiving a text during the race gives a boost and makes me push myself harder.

Over the next couple of days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) Martin and I will be up in Salen in Northern Sweden perfecting our technique (or rather picking up the basics of moving forward on cross country skis).

The 90km race will be a great pre-race training session ahead of Namibia. I am looking forward to Sunday already! I’ll keep you updated on our training from Thursday and onwards!

No comments: