Wednesday 20 February 2008

My own fame and shame list


I thought is would be appropriate to do my very own fame and shame list.

Currently on my fame list:
- All of you that have supported my charity fund raising! Thank you very much for all your help!!

- Ben and Tom for coming up with lots of ideas of crazy races. Below are some of the ones we are considering:
a) Run around the Circle line, taking a photo at each Tube stop.
b) start on Trafalgar square and from 4 signed envelops randomly decide North, South, East and West and have two teams competing which team can run to the M25 the quickest.

We need some input on new non-traditional races we can do, any suggestions, please add them on the comment field. I'll make sure I'll report from any of these that we do.

Currently on my shame list:
- Martin S. Martin is my flatmate and we are doing Vasaloppet, the 90km cross country ski race, on the 2nd of March together. Typically I can get Martin out of bed in the morning to join me for a run.

It normally takes about 5min of verbal abuse to get Martin out of bed for a run, but this morning I couldnt get him to join me. With the race coming up he should be taken every opportunity to prepare, so that is why he is on my shame list today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I'm in the fame list!!... here are some more ideas - how about a multi day run along the grand union canal from Birmingham to London. That might be good prep for the MDS?

Or, the South Downs way? i think that's about 90 miles...

I think I'm going to give the Fellsman a miss - but I might do the Pathfinder March with you and Ben in June: http://www.pathfindermarch.co.uk/Map.html