Monday 24 March 2008

Easter action (lack of...)

Easter has been fairly slow on the exercise front. I have only been out running twice. A slow 10km on Friday and another 15km on Saturday with a slightly higher pace. The GPS I bought came in handy and I now know exactly what pace I am going in and how far.

When I wear a backpack a pace around 5min 30sec per km is a very comfortable pace that I know I can hold for several hours. Without backpack 4min30sec seems to be my natural pace.

However how much that will help me in Namibia I dont know :-)


It is less then two weeks to the race now and I must say that I start to feel a little bit nervous and maybe even scared! 120km start to seem like a very very long way to go. The work I have done to prepare myself for the race I have done now, and what is left is to try to stay healthy and avoid injuries.

Time for the normal week to start and for me to do my last minutes preparations. On Friday I got my new backpack that I will be using for the race. 690grams, is all it weigh, you have got to love Raidlight's Evolution2

No comments: