Wednesday 9 April 2008

Made it!!

Hi all,

Just a very very short post to say that I made the race!

It took me 22h and 24min to run the distance, and the last 20km I did in 4h 30min, so to say that I was in agony is a gross understatement!

But now it feels fantastic (except for my feet covered in a nice mix of normal blisters and blood blisters).

I'll write a full race report and upload photos this weekend.

Thank you all for your support, your words of encouragement really helped me through the dark bits during the night (no pun intended *smile*)

Greetings from Namibia!

7 comments:

BK said...

Congratulations! -Becky Katzman

Gooner10 said...

Well done to my new friend! Zac Gaunt

Anonymous said...

Outstanding! I have been telling your story to many of my friends and we all agreed on one thing... this Joakim guy is crazy!

Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is great.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Well done....now you must have a good tan;>

WALTER (MANZI)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!Is there a bigger (fys) challenge than this?

Natasja Adams

Anonymous said...

that's a bit slow!
Only kidding... amazing effort Joak. Looking forward to going for a run with you! Bring on the MDS!
Tom